Calendar for 1910
Very Small Format
Calendar for 1910, publisher unknown, c1909, small 48mo (2 1/2 x 3 in - 6.5 x 7.7 cm), a very small calendar published in a book form, spine covered, silk stab ties, 13 folded crepe paper pages including covers. The monthly calendars are each on a separate page and the page facing the calendar has a color woodblock illustration. The caption for each month contains a theme for that month and the illustration is related to that theme. This calendar is somewhat unusual in that the year is found on each monthly calendar. On calendars of this type, the year is generally stated only on the front cover.
The calendar does not contain a colophon or printer's imprint.
Similar calendars were published for 1908 and 1909 and they can be viewed here and here. This calendar has almost all the same themes and the same woodblock prints.
- January - "New Year's Trees"
- February - "The First Dedication"
- March - "The Girls' Day"
- April - "Cherry Blossoms"
- May - "Boys' Day"
- June - "Sweet Flag Blossoms"
- July - "The Lotus Flower"
- August - "The Summer Evening"
- September - "Moon Light"
- October - "Chrysanthemum Shows"
- November - "Autumn Tent of Maples"
- December - "The First Snow"
All Internal Pages
For more information on T. Hasegawa, click here.