~~ Book Published by T. Hasegawa ~~
Calendar for 1904
Hasegawa, T. (Takejiro)
Calendar for 1904, T. Hasegawa, Tokyo (38 Yotsuya Honmura, Tokyo) & Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co. London, 1903, small 16mo (4 5/8 x 6 1/2 in - 10 x 14 cm), small size for a Hasegawa book, calendar published in a book form, spine covered, silk stab ties, 8 folded crepe paper pages, 16 pages total including covers. The page inside the front cover contains January with no descriptive title. The page opposite that has the descriptive title. The months of February through December are each on a separate page with an descriptive title. Inside the back cover is the Japanese language colophon.
The subjects of the woodblocks are:
- January - "The front gate of the Imperial Palace" (page to right)
- February - "The plum-garden at Kinegawa"
- March - "A country scene in the early Spring"
- April - "Cherry trees around the pond of Shinobazu"
- May - "Azaleas on Mount Myoghi"
- June - "Street Scenes in the rainy Season"
- July - "Fishing boats at Shinagawa"
- August - "A hamlet among the mountains"
- September - "A villa on the sea-coast"
- October - "A Country Scene amist the Autumn"
- November - "The entrance to Nikko temples"
- December - "Snow scenes in the country"
I have confirmed the following book type calendars published by T. Hasegawa for the year 1904.
- 1903, Calendar for 1904, more information here.
- 1903, The Months of Japanese Ladies for 1904, more information here.
- 1903, Monthly Changes of Japanese Street-Scenes, Calendar for 1904, more information here.
For more information on T. Hasegawa, click here.
Close up of the Colophon
(1st column from the right): Meiji 34 (1901).1.15 (?)
(2nd column from the right): Meiji 36 (1903).3.1 (printing date)
(3rd column from the right): Meiji 36 (1903).3.10 (publication date)
(4th column from the right): 38 Honmura-cho, Yotsuya-ku, Tokyo