~~ Book Published by T. Hasegawa ~~
Calendar for 1903
The Landscapes of Japan
Hasegawa, T. (Takejiro)
Calendar for 1903, The Landscapes of Japan, T. Hasegawa, Tokyo (10 Hiyoshicho, Tokyo) & Bentano's, 31 Union Square, New York (on back cover), 1901, small 16mo (4 5/8 x 6 1/2 in - 10 x 14 cm), small size for a Hasegawa book, calendar published in a book form, spine covered, silk stab ties, 8 folded crepe paper pages, 16 pages total including covers. The page inside the front cover is blank. Inside the back cover is the Japanese language colophon.
The subjects of the woodblocks are:
- January - "Matsushima on New Year's Day, Osaka" (page to right)
- February - "The Shinto Shrine of Inari, Kyoto."
- March - "The Plum Garden, Mukojima, Tokyo."
- April - "Cherry-trees in Blossom at Arashiyama, Kyoto."
- May - "The Shrine of Tenjin, Kameido, Tokyo."
- June - "The Iris Garden, Horikiri, Tokyo."
- July - "Lotus Pond in the Uyeno Park, Tokyo"
- August - "Summer-days on the Ajikara, Osaka"
- September - "Lake Biwa in the Moon-light, Omi"
- October - "Chrysanthemums in the Prairie of Sage, Kyoto."
- November - "The Temples on Sarusawa pond, Nara.."
- December - "The Sumida River under Snow, Tokyo."
For more information on T. Hasegawa, click here.
Close up of the Colophon
(1st column from the right): Meiji 34 (1901).1.12)
(2nd column from the right): Meiji 34 (1901).1.15 (publication date)
T. Hasegawa, 10 Hiyoshicho, Tokyo