~~ Book Published by T. Hasegawa ~~
Rhymes & Life Scenes of Japan.
Calendar for 1903
Hasegawa, T. (Takejiro):
Rhymes & Life Scenes of Japan. Calendar for 1903, T. Hasegawa Publisher & Art Printer, Tokyo (20 Honzaimoko-cho), Meiji 35 (1902), calendar published in book form, spine covered, silk stab ties, 10.2 x 15.1 cm, 14 folded crepe paper pages (including the covers), 28 pages total. Each month illustrated and discussed on two facing pages. There is a day by day calendar for each month. Inside the back cover is the Japanese language colophon.
Basic information and pictures courtesy of Franziska Mueller.
The subjects of the woodblocks are:
- Jan. - New Year's Day
- Feb. - The Feast of Inari
- Mar. - The Feast of Dolls
- Apr. - Cherry-Blossoms at Mukojima
- May - The Feast of Boys
- June - Iris at Horikiri
- July - The Feast of Lanterns
- Aug. - Summer in Kyoto
- Sep. - The Feast of Chrysanthemum
- Oct. - The Feast of "Ebisu"
- Nov. - Autumn at Momiji-Yama
- Dec. - Preparing for New Year
For more information on T. Hasegawa, click here.
Published: Meiji 35 (1902)
(1st & 2nd columns from the right at bottom): 20 Honzaimoko-cho