Cape Town and Table Mountain
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
Departing St Helena on January 11, Commodore Perry arrived in Cape Town on January 24, 1853. The ship anchored in Table Bay at the foot of Table mountain. This lithograph shows the mountain, the bay and Cape Town with the Mississippi in the foreground. The expedition left Cape Town on February 3.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by Heine. Shipping by Brown
- Lith of Sarony & Co New York
- CAPE TOWN AND TABLE MOUNTAIN
Bottom edge (binding edge) is ragged. The print is unusually clean and free of foxing/toning. A choice copy.
Paper thickness is 8mm.
This is what I call Type I of this lithogrpah. To see the difference in types that I have recorded, click here.
Page Size (cm): 29.1x22cm
Image Size (cm): Width-24.1, Height-16.9, Diagonal-29.3
Attribution: This lithograph has been positively confirmed to be from the Beverley Tucker, Senate Printing (1856), of the Narrative.
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.