Bungo or Prefect, Hahodadi (Hakodadi)
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
On May 18, 1854, Commodore Perry sent officer's to the Governor of Hakodadi, Yendo Matazaimon, advising him that he was there to enter into negotiations regarding the implementation of the Yokohama treaty. In a classic bureaucratic reply, the Governor replied that he had received no orders or instructions from his government and requested that negotiations be delayed. On the 20th, Perry finally began negotiations with a Matsmai Kangasyu, a representative of the Prince of Matsmai.
The lithograph is the Governor of Hakodadi, Yendo Matazaimon. The other two men are identified as Ishuka Konzo and Kudo Mogoro, "....two of the principal personages of his suite."
The titles/lettering read:
- Dag by E. Brown, Jr.
- T. Sinclair's Lith, Phila
- BUNGO OR PREFECT, HAHODADI
Clean and well centered
Page Size (cm): 28.6x22.2cm
Image Size (cm): Width-23.5, Height-15.8, Dia 28.4
Attribution: This lithograph has been positively confirmed to be from the Beverley Tucker, Senate Printing (1856), of the Narrative.
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $8.00 within the US; $34.00 outside the US (Insured Priority Mail).
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.