Delivering of the American
Presents at Yokuhama (Type II)
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
Monday, March 13, 1855 was the date agreed upon for the American's to deliver their presents to the Japanese. On that day the presents, filling several large boats, were taken ashore accompanied by a Company of Marines and a band. The items were placed on display in a newly constructed structure. The presents included numerous firearms, telegraph instruments, a locomotive with a tender, passenger car and rails, and numerous other items.
In this lithograph you see the items on display. Notice, in the right foreground, the American with a sickle and the very small Japanese fellowing admiring the large cutting instrument.
Two differences are noted in the pictures on this lithograph. I call this one Type II. The lettering reads "From nature by W.T.". On the Type I it reads "From nature by W.T.P." with the "P" added. For more information, click here.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by W.T.P (Type I)
- From nature by W.T. (Type II)
- Lith of SARONY & Co. New York
- DELIVERING OF THE AMERICAN PRESENTS AT YOKUHAMA
Condition. Very clean. Binding glue residue on bottom edge.
Page Size (cm): 28.7x22.3cm
Image Size (cm): Width-23.9, Height-16.7, Diagonal-29.2
Attribution: This lithograph has been positively confirmed to be from the Beverley Tucker, Senate Printing (1856), of the Narrative.
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.