Napha From the Sea
#309 - Type I
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
Considered by many to be the most attractive lithograph in the Narrative. This lithograph shows the four ships of the squadron on the first call to Naha during May through July of 1853. The steamship in the right foreground is the Susquehanna, the next steamship is the Mississippi and the two sails ships are the Plymouth and the Supply. The ships are at anchor in Naha Harbor. The titles/lettering on this lithograph is unusual in that it is inside the box area around the image and actually in the image area. This is one of the few lithographs where credit is given to Lieutenant Walke.
I have recorded two varieties in this image. I call this Type I. For informationon on the differences between Type I and Type II, click here.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by W. Heine, Shipping by Lieut H. Walke.
- J. Queen del
- P.S. Duval & Co Phila.
- Napha From the Sea
Page Size (cm): 28.9 x 22.5
Image Size (cm): Width-23.4, Height-15.8, Diagonal-28.3
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.