(Encampment of the Exploring Party in)
Lew Chew (Type III)
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
In this lithograph the Perry exploring party inspects a house with a Buddhist temple beside it. Notice the United States flag planted in front of the house with an armed guard standing beside it. This probably didn't happen again for almost 100 years. In the right foreground Heine, the expedition artist, is shown sketching the scene.
There are two types of this lithograph. I call this Type III. Type I & II have different lettering. For more information on the types, click here.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by Heine. Figures by Brown (Type I only)
- J. Queen delt (center, Type I only)
- P.S. Duval & Co, Phila (Type I)
- P.S. Duval & Co, Steam litho, Ph (Type II)
- P.S. Duval & Co's, Lith, Phil (Type III)
- ENCAMPMENT OF THE EXPLORING PARTY IN LEW CHEW (Type II)
- LEW CHEW (Type III)
Condition. Bottom edge (binding edge) has significant glue residue from binding process. Left edge dark.
Page Size (cm): 28.8x22.5cm
Image Size (cm): Width-22.8, Height-15.1, Dia-27.4
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.