Encampment of the Exploring Party
in Lew Chew (Type I)
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
In this lithograph the Perry exploring party inspects a house with a Buddhist temple beside it. Notice the United States flag planted in front of the house with an armed guard standing beside it. This probably didn't happen again for almost 100 years. In the right foreground Heine, the expedition artist, is shown sketching the scene.
There are two types of this lithograph. I call this Type I. Type II has different lettering. For more information on the types, click here.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by Heine. Figures by Brown
- J. Queen delt (center, Type I only)
- PS Duval & Co, Phila
- ENCAMPMENT OF THE EXPLORING PARTY IN LEW CHEW
Bottom edge (binding edge) is ragged.
Page Size (cm): 29.8x21.6cm
Image Size (cm): Width-22.8, Height-15, Dia-27.3
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.