Chief Magistrate of Napha, Lew Chew
#155 - Type I
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
This lithograph appears in the Narrative in a section dealing with a visit by Officers of the expedition to the Mayor of Naha. I presume that is the individual that this lithograph depicts. Seisho Hokama, a Professor of English at the University of Ryukyus, in his book Commodore Perry's Visit to Okinawa., 1962, gives Ching Changlieh as the name of this person.
The titles/lettering read:
- Dag by Brown (in image area)
- Lith: of P.S. Duval & Co. Phila
- CHIEF MAGISTRATE OF NAPHA LEW CHEW
Light smudging outside the image area.
I have seen two basic varieties of this lithograph. I call this one Type I. For more information on the varieties, click here.
Page Size (cm): 29x22.3cm
Image Size (cm): Width-16.5, Height-22.9 (oval)
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.