Chinese Temple Macao
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
Perry visited Hong Kong, Canton and Macao over the period of April 6, 1853 through April 28. The Narrative does not detail the precise dates. The visit to Macao has the longest account in the Narrative of the three visits. The Narrative observed that Commodore Perry found himself "...quite at home, in the enjoyment of the most agreeable society...." that he found in Macao.
This is the only lithograph of Macao from this portion of the journey. However, Perry returned to Macao in August of 1854 and two more lithographs (Macao from Penha Hill & Jesuit Convent, Macao) record that visit. In all, there are three Macao related lithographs in the Narrative.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by Heine
- Lith. of SARONY & Co. New York
- CHINESE TEMPLE MACAO
Bottom edge is trimmed and ragged. 15cm tear. The tear is in the mid point of the upper margin and goes down. It does not enter the image area. Clean lithograph
Paper thickness is 8mm.
Measurements consistent with Tucker book.
Page Size (cm): 29x21.4cm
Image Size (cm): Width-24, Height-17, Diagonal-29.4
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.