Chinese Temple HongKong (Type II)
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
Perry departed Singapore on March 29, 1853 bound for China. He arrived in Hong Kong on the 8th of April. This lithograph is one of two that present Hong Kong scenes. The other one is the view of Hong Kong from East Market. At Hong Kong Perry had expected to meet the Susquehanna and move his flag to that ship. Apparently the ship had been assigned a different mission by an interrim commander and this situation "greatly embarassed" Commodore Perry.
I have noted two types of this lithograph. Type I has a frameline around the image and "HONG-KONG" in the title. Type II has no frame line and "HONGKONG" in the title. To the right (25cm) of the two men in the foreground are some larger rocks. In this lithograph there are two rocks. In other lithographs there are four rocks. This is Type II.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by Heine, Fig. by Brown.
- Lith. of SARONY & Co. New York.
- CHINESE TEMPLE HONG-KONG (Type I)
- CHINESE TEMPLE HONGKONG (Type II)
Bottom edge ragged, waterstain upper right, clean image.
Page Size (cm): 28.2x22.3cm
Image Size (cm): Width-22.7, Height-15.6, Diagonal-27.6
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.