River Jurono Singapore
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
The Mississippi arrived in Singapore on March 25, 1853. The narrative notes that the prosperity of Singapore "...so apparent even to a casual observer, is mainly attributed to the sagacious and energetic Sir Stamford Raffles...." This view of the river "Durong" is described in the Narrative as giving "... an idea of the characteristic scenery." The Mississippi departed Singapore on the 29th after only a brief visit.
The titles/lettering read:
- From Nature by Heine Figures by Brown
- Lith of Sarony & Co New York
- RIVER JURONO SINGAPORE
Bottom edge (binding edge) is ragged. There are a couple of light horizontal creases in the bottom margin. Stains along the bottom and on right margin.
Paper thickness is 8+mm.
Page Size (cm): 28.8x22.5cm
Image Size (cm): Width-23.6, Height-16.8, Diagonal-28.8
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.