Light House, Point De Galle, Ceylon
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
The Mississippi departed Mauritius on the morning of February 28 with the next stop to be either Point de Galle, Ceylon or Singapore. She reached Point de Galle in the evening of March 10. Point De Galle was a major refueling station of English India steamers. The light house at the port is shown in this lithograph. The expedition remained on Ceylon until March 15.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by Heine. Figures by Brown
- T. Sinclair's Lith, Phila
- LIGHT HOUSE, POINT DE GALLE, CEYLON
Bottom edge (binding edge) is ragged. Significant tilt of image (down to the left) of the image on the page.
Paper thickness is 8+mm.
Variations in this lithograph have been recorded. I call this Type I. To see the differences click here.
Page Size (cm): 29.1x22.6cm
Image Size (cm): Width-23.5, Height-15.8, Diagonal-28.3
Attribution: This lithograph has been positively confirmed to be from the Beverley Tucker, Senate Printing (1856), of the Narrative.
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.