Hindoo Costumes, Mauritius
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
This lithograph is not explained in the Narrative. However, the Narrative notes that after the abolition of slavery by the British the "...importation of laborers from India...." was the method used by the planters to obtain laborers.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by Heine Figures by Brown
- PS Duval & Co Phila
- HINDOO COSTUMES, MAURITIUS
Bottom edge (binding edge) is ragged.
Paper thickness is 9+mm.
Page Size (cm): 29.1x22.7cm
Image Size (cm): Width-23.7, Height-16.1, Diagonal-28.7
Attribution: This lithograph has been positively confirmed to be from the Beverley Tucker, Senate Printing (1856), of the Narrative.
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.