Mauritius from the "Pouce"
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
The Mississippi arrived at Mauritius on the 18th of February. The expedition spent approximately 10 days there. This is a view of port from the "Pouce," apparently one of the many "lofty hills" that surrounded the Port of Mauritius.
The titles/lettering read:
- From nature by Heine. Figures by Brown. (Type I)
- J. Queen delt. (Type I only)
- P.S. Duval & Co's Lithogy. Philada (Type I)
- P.S. Duval & Co's steam litho press Phila (Type II)
- P.S. Duval & Co's Lith Phila (Type IIA)
- MAURITIUS FROM THE "POUCE."
I have observed more than one type of this lithograph. I call this lithograph Type IIA. For information on the types, click here.
Type I has three inscriptions. (left, middle and right) directly under the image and inside the image box. Type IIA has only the right inscription and it is outside the image box.
Page Size (cm): 28.8x22.3cm
Image Size (cm): Width-22.7, Height-15.4, Diagonal-27.5
Attribution: This lithograph has been positively confirmed to be from the Beverley Tucker, Senate Printing (1856), of the Narrative.
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.