Japanese Fox (Steel Engraving)
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
This steel engraving of the Japanese Fox is found in Volume II, section entitled: Papers on Natural History. This is a unusual section as it only consists of this print and one of Yacks. The only text in the section is Commodore Perry's brief "Introductory Note" explaining that the person who was to prepare this report "...for reasons never satisfactorily explained to me...failed to describe them...." Perry indicated that he wanted these prints in Volume I but because they were not written up, he had to include them in volume II.
The textual page with Perry's introductory note is still attached.
The titles/lettering read:
- Japanese Fox
- U.S. JAPAN EXPEDITION - NAT. HIST. PLATE II (outside right frame line).
Top edge (binding edge) is ragged with small pieces missing.
Paper thickness is 7.5mm.
Page Size (cm): 28.7x22.5cm
Image Size (cm): Width-24.5, Height-18.4, Diagonal-35
Attribution: This lithograph has been positively confirmed to be from the Beverley Tucker, Senate Printing (1856), of the Narrative.
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.