Chinese Irrigating Machine
Worked by Men
Click the picture for image
of complete lithograph
While in China, one expedition member observed and recorded the types of agricultural machinery in use. That member, G.R. West, recorded several types of mills. Four lithographs depict this agricultural machinery.
These machines included:
- Rice milling devices. (Plate I)
- Irrigation mill - animal powered. (Plate II)
- Irrigation mill - Chinese powered. (Plate III) - This Lithograph
- Grinding mill. (Plate IV)
Volume II of the Narrative is composed of a series of reports, most by expedition members on the topography, geology, botany, agriculture, and resources of the countries visited.
This tinted lithograph is from a paper entitled The Agriculture of China. This report in Volume II was prepared by G. R. West
The titles/lettering read:
- J.B Mefferr del
- Ackerman Lith 379 Broad N.Y.
- Plate IV
- CHINESE IRRIGATING MACHINE WORKED BY MEN
Small 4mm tear in right margin. Nice clean lithograph. Normal ragged bottom (spine) edge. Fairly strong tilt of image down and to the right. Series of puncture holes 11cm above bottom (spine) margin.
Paper thickness is 8.8mm.
Page Size (cm): 28.7x22.5
Image Size (cm): Width-23.3, Height-15.8, Diagonal-28.3
Attribution: This lithograph has been positively confirmed to be from the Beverley Tucker, Senate Printing (1856), of the Narrative.
Terms & Conditions.
- Payment with Order. US Dollar Check or Money Order Payable by a Bank in the US or PayPal Payment.
- Postage (US Postal Service) and Insurance: $6.00 within the US; $18.00 outside the US (Outside US at Buyer's risk of loss in mail). Additional postage applies when framesets are ordered or where shipment is to an address outside the US.
- Discounts (Based on Order Filled): Over $500 - 10% Over $1,000 - 15% - Discounts do not apply to frame sets. They are priced net.
- New Mexico sales (gross receipts) tax is due when applicable.